Faster, more reliable delivery with the no. 1 orally disintegrating tablet
Zydis®, our proprietary fast-dissolve technology, is a unique, freeze-dried oral solid dosage form that disperses instantly in the mouth - no water required. With more than 20 products launched in 50 countries, Zydis® fast dissolve continues to be the world’s best-in-class, orally disintegrating tablet (ODT) technology. Whether you are considering an ODT to enhance pharmacokinetics through pre-gastric absorption, looking for a way to improve patient compliance, or seeking a marketing advantage for a valued brand, Zydis® technology can help enhance the value of your investment and accelerate your product’s potential.
- Better pre-gastric absorption for certain drug compounds
- Disperses instantly in the mouth, allowing for buccal absorption
- Improved compliance for various therapeutic markets
- Excellent for children, the elderly, pets, and those having trouble swallowing
- More efficient delivery
- Allows for faster onset of action and reduction of metabolites
- Ideal for certain indications
- Excellent for treating pain and other conditions where rapid dosing and absorption are required, including allergies and travel-related illness
- Improved patient compliance
- Faster absorption lends the possibility of reduced and less frequent dosage
- Enhanced marketing appeal
- Fast-dissolve perceived by consumers as easier to swallow and faster-acting
- Protection from counterfeiting
Valuable Product Differentiation
- High level of customer preference
- Multiple colors and shapes
- Embossing with corporate logos and product codes
- Unique packaging, including child-resistant options
- Taste masking and flavors formulated for specific markets, including pediatrics and veterinary medicine
Zydis® Fast-Dissolve Technology
< 400 mg-Insoluable
< 500 mg
How It Is Made
Utilizing a unique lyophilization (freeze-drying) process to manufacture finished dosage units, Zydis® units are produced via a four-stage process:
- Stage 1 - Mixing
- The bulk API is formulated into a liquid solution or suspension.
- Stage 2 - Filling and freezing
- The liquid is precisely filled into pre-formed blisters and passed through a specially designed cryogenic freezing process to control the ultimate size of the ice crystals.
- Stage 3 - Lyophilization
- The frozen units are then transferred to large-scale freeze dryers for the lyophilization process.
- Stage 4 - Sealing
- The blisters containing the dried Zydis® units are then sealed via a heat-seal process to protect the product from varying environmental conditions and ensure long-term stability.
How it works
- Development teams in the U.S. and Europe
- Bench, pilot, and full-scale cGMP manufacturing in the US and Europe
- Fully validated and globally approved regulatory manufacturing sites with exemplary records
- Expert management of potent and controlled drugs
- Operational excellence and efficiency via Lean Six Sigma principles
- Full in-house analytical and regulatory services for product development and launch
We have two fast dissolve dosage form facilities plants dedicated to Zydis® fast dissolve production.
- Somerset, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- Research and development
- Pilot line
- Commercial line with controlled and potent drug capabilities
- FDA audited
- Swindon, U.K.
- Research and development
- Pilot line with controlled and potent drug capabilities
- FDA and MCA audited
- Controlled drug capabilities