Date: Thursday, September 7, 2017
Time: 11:00 am ET / 8:00 am PT
An increasing number of new molecules in pipelines are poorly soluble, and more than ever applying a bioavailability enhancing technology early to enable exposure and efficacy is a key factor to success.
Amorphous dispersion development is a growing approach to improving the bioavailability of poorly soluble compounds. Spray drying is an established and growing technology for preparing amorphous dispersions. This webinar introduces key spray dried dispersion development considerations to allow for identification of a stable prototype that will enhance and sustain in-vivo drug solubility. Discussions will include spray dried dispersion formulation development and early phase considerations for finished dose development.
- Parameters that indicate amorphous spray dried dispersions are an optimal formulation approach
- Pre-formulation studies to ensure successful development of spray dried dispersions
- Best practices for formulation screening and evaluation of stability, performance, and manufacturability of spray dried dispersions
- Preformulation solvent solubility screening and stability assessment
- Rapid polymer screening for solubility enhancement
- Screening of selected polymers and drug loads for physical and chemical stability
- Excipient compatibility testingIn-vitro and in-vivo formulation screening
- Critical quality attributes & keys to successful spray drying
- Early phase finished dose formulation strategies for spray dried dispersions
Research Scientist II