Company will also Present on the Latest Analytical Approaches and Chair Cross-Industry Discussion on Patient-Focused Drug Design
Somerset, N.J. – October 30, 2018 — Catalent Pharma Solutions (booth 1727), the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products, today announced that it will moderate multiple educational seminars and debate the effectiveness of the Developability Classification System (DCS), at the upcoming American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) PharmSci 360 being held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington D.C., from November 4 – 7, 2018.
On Monday, Nov. 5 at 9:30 a.m., Jeff Dixon, Principal Scientist, will present “Automated Solutions for non-GMP/GMP Bioassays for Biological Drug Development, Now and Future State.” Mr. Dixon will explain the benefits of assay automation and explore its future direction.
Later that day, at 2 p.m., Ronak Savla, Pharm.D., Ph.D., Scientific Affairs Manager, and Nicolas Thurin, Ph.D., Analytical Product Development Manager will moderate a panel session titled “Cutting Edge Analytical Techniques to Expediate Drug Development.” Drs. Savla and Thurin will be joined by Catalent colleagues Ashley Taylor, Team Leader; Jeff Dixon, Principal Scientist, Biologics Development; Todd Stone, Manager / Senior Scientist, Analytical Development; and Jeff Schwartzenhauer, Group Leader, Analytical Research and Development. The panel will discuss the latest analytical approaches to accelerate drug development.
On Tuesday, Nov. 6 at 10:30 a.m., industry experts will debate the effectiveness of the DCS, questioning its usefulness in identifying bioavailability issues. The session, titled “Does the DCS System Really Work in Determining the Most Effective Formulation Strategy?” will be hosted by Stephen Tindal, Director, Science & Technology at Catalent, and will use case studies to illustrate the merits of DCS evaluation.
Following that, at 3:30 p.m., Cornell Stamoran, Ph.D., Catalent’s Vice President of Strategy and co-chair of Catalent’s Applied Drug Delivery Institute, will moderate a panel session titled, “Patient-Focused Drug Design – a View from the R&D Front Lines.” Dr. Stamoran will be joined by Catalent colleague, Rob Harris, Ph.D., Chief Technical Officer, as well as Matt Burke, Ph.D., Head of Drug Delivery, GSK and Ralph Lipp, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Noven Pharma. The panel will discuss ways the pharmaceutical industry can improve the lives of patients through better drug design.
Catalent will host a breakfast meeting for pharmaceutical consultants at the show on Tuesday, Nov. 6 at 7:45 a.m. to offer advice and discuss how the company can support consultants in meeting their clients’ needs. Visit the consulting breakfast homepage for more information.
At the exposition, Catalent experts will also present the following scientific posters:
- “Modified Release Coated Soft Gelatin Capsules Dissolution and Physical Stability” by Nada Elsayed, William Bell, Chrysta-Lyn Rodrigues;
- “Modified Release Coated Soft Gelatin Capsules Dissolution Stability” by Nada Elsayed, William Bell, Chrysta-Lyn Rodrigues;
- “Application of Quality by Design Principles to the Characterization of High Shear Wet Granulation and Tablet Compaction of a Novel Oncology Agent” by Chinmay Pathak, Christin Hollis;
- “A Quality by Design Approach to Analytical Method Optimization” by Jim Carey, Kangqin Chen, Matthew Wilson;
- “Predicting Drug Substance Thaw and Drug Substance Equilibration Duration Times” by Amanda Kelley, Vic Vinci, Jo Anne Jacobs, Dhaval Patel;
- “Scientific networks: Beyond Scientists’ Engagement, a Key Asset to Boost Operational Excellence” by Nicolas Thurin, Alexander Agne, Alejandro Attie, Becky Burns, Lisa Caralli, Landon Greene, Wilma Knust, Wei Pan, Ketki Patel, Pingyun Chen, Ronak Savla, Jeff Schwartzenhauer, Bruna Silva, Todd Stone, Stephen Tindal, Imre Vitez, Steven Winling.
Catalent will also be exhibiting and showcasing its multiple innovative technologies. For more information visit the AAPS Catalent booth 1727, or go to https://www.catalent.com/index.php/news-events/events/AAPS-PharmSci-360
To arrange a meeting with any of the attending Catalent executives at the event, contact Richard Kerns at NEPR - firstname.lastname@example.org.
+44 (0)7580 041073
+44 (0) 161 728 5880
Catalent is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With 85 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent employs over 11,000 people, including over 1,800 scientists, at more than 30 facilities across five continents, and in fiscal 2018 generated approximately $2.5 billion in annual revenue. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey. For more information, visit www.catalent.com.