Early Phase Biologic Development: Upstream and Downstream Processes Considerations
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Time: 3 p.m. CET
Biopharmaceutical products in development continue to increase in complexity, which effects how companies choose to express proteins and eventually, manufacture at clinical and commercial scale. In this webinar, co-organized with Medicon Valley Alliance, experts from Catalent Biologics and Sartorius will discuss new cell line development methodologies, including new instrumentation, which are enabling complex programs to be performed more efficiently, as well as ways that perfusion tools are used to implement upstream process intensification for clinical and commercial programs.
Improved Methods for Cell Line Development of Difficult to Express Proteins
• GPEx® Boost: Cell line engineering approaches
• Improve titers and cell-specific productivity
• Why GPEx® Boost is faster to clinic
Steven Hager, Ph.D.
Director, Science & Technology, Catalent Biologics
New, Scalable Platform Tools for Simplifying Process Intensification in Commercial-Scale Single Use Facilities
• Upstream Process Intensification (PI) strategies
• High Throughput perfusion process development
• Commercial scale PI platform
• PAT based perfusion process control strategies
Gerben Ziljstra, Ph.D.
Global Technology Consultant for Intensified and Continuous BioManufacturing, Sartorius