Webinar: Developing Optimal Formulations Using Biorelevant Predictive Tools and Advanced Bioavailability Enhancement Technologies
Date: October 29, 2020
Time: 11 am EDT | 8 am PDT | 4 pm BST | 5 pm CEST
An increasing number of new chemical entities (NCEs) present with bioavailability issues. Low bioavailability is associated with increased pharmacokinetic variability in both preclinical species and humans, which can lead to additional development challenges. Advanced formulation expertise and technologies are needed to reduce risk early on and achieve a viable formulation, thus increasing the chance of success in the clinic.
During this webcast, learn how biorelevant in-vitro and in-silico tools and the Developability Classification System (DCS) are utilized to select the optimal formulation technology. An expert will discuss API-sparing development techniques and advanced formulation technologies that are proven to improve solubility and enhance bioavailability using a minimal amount of API.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn how to apply DCS and refined DCS to predict in-vivo behavior of new drug candidates and formulation approaches.
- Discover why biorelevant two-stage in-vitro testing is increasingly used as a tool for various applications in drug development.
- Understand techniques for characterization and formulation evaluation that spare valuable API.
- Discover advanced formulation technologies for improving bioavailability.
- Explore real-world case studies on successfully overcoming bioavailability challenges.
University of Frankfurt
Director, Science & Technology
Catalent Pharma Solutions