Catalent Issues Initial Public Offering
Catalent Inc. is pleased to announce the next step in our growth journey as the Global Leader and the #1 Pharmaceutical Industry Partner in Advanced Drug Delivery Technologies and Drug Development Solutions.
As of today, Catalent Inc. has completed an Initial Public Offering and is now a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. Our new trading ticker on the Big Board is CTLT!
Learn more by visiting our Investor Relations web site here.
The proceeds of the offering will be principally used to redeem more than $800 million (estimated at midpoint) of Catalent’s currently outstanding debt. This will allow the company to significantly reduce its interest expense, enable future potential internal and external growth strategies, and to continue our growth-biased investments into new technologies, capabilities, global development and manufacturing facilities and capacity.
"At Catalent we work with more than a 1,000 pharmaceutical, biotech and consumer health companies to help them develop better products. We are the global leader in advanced drug delivery technologies and drug development solutions. We have more than 8,000 great people, including 1,000+ scientists and technicians, in nearly thirty manufacturing locations globally, who every day reliably supply more than 7,000 products for patients and consumers worldwide." commented John Chiminski, President and Chief Executive Officer of Catalent.
Recent examples of our investments include new facilities for Softgel and Clinical Supply businesses in key emerging markets of China and Brazil, our brand new $20MM Biologics Center of Excellence for cell line development and biomanufacturing in Madison, WI and a $35MM ongoing expansion in our Oral Advanced Technologies manufacturing site in Winchester, KY.
What the Media is Saying
- Catalent CEO: Leading Advanced Drug Delivery Technologies - via CNBC.com
- Catalent Pharma Solutions CEO Talks IPO - via TheStreet.com
- Catalent Looks to Cash in With $872m IPO - via Pharmaceutical Outsourcing
- Catalent Shoots for $872M in a Blockbuster IPO - via FierceCRO
Our Recent Investments
- Catalent Marks 40 Years In Japan With New Investments And Country Leader
- Catalent Increases Stake In Redwood Bioscience
- Catalent Acquires Relthy To Expand South American Softgel Technologies Business
- Catalent Completes Acquisition Of Majority Share In Chinese Softgel Business
- Catalent Officially Launches New Capabilities At CPhI China
- Catalent Breaks Ground On A Major Expansion Of Its Winchester, Ky Controlled Release Manufacturing Facility
- Catalent Biologics Announces Official Opening Of New Single-use Biomanufacturing Center Of Excellence At Bio International Convention
Our New Offerings
Core Services for Pharmaceutical, Biologic and Consumer Health Customers
Whatever your challenge, we can help. From orphan drugs to blockbusters, our development expertise, delivery technologies and reliable supply deliver better outcomes for payers, patients, and innovators.
- Get more products to market with the world's #1 partner for drug development and formulation services.
- We are a world leader in drug delivery solutions with a proven track record of helping our customers create better treatments.
- As a seamless extension of your supply chain, we offer global integrated manufacturing and packaging solutions.
Innovative Delivery Options
Optimization of the finished dose formWe have solutions for more molecules with our versatile, proven RP Scherer softgel and controlled release technologies.
Improve the solubility and permeability of your clinical candidates. Optimization of the finished dose form in order to deliver better treatments. Benefit from our unique integrated services from development to commercial supply.
- RP Scherer Softgel Technologies
- OptiMelt™ Hot Melt Extrusion (HME) technology
- Zydis Nano™ technology
Solutions for Target Populations
Deliver therapies designed to elicit better adherence and patient outcomes. Our technologies are ideal for geriatric and pediatric populations, specific conditions and disease states.
A Seamless Extension of Your Supply Chain
We have the technology and expertise to take your product from design, to clinical trial, to plant, to pharmacy. Our global network of facilities can provide scalable, cost-effective, customized manufacturing options for your complex treatments.