Catalent Scientists Highlight Innovative Drug Delivery Technologies with Multiple Poster Presentations at the 2012 AAPS Annual Meeting
Somerset, NJ – October 8, 2012 – Scientists at Catalent Pharma Solutions will present eleven scientific posters at this year’s American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) annual meeting which will take place October 14–18 in Chicago, IL. The poster topics cover an extensive range of formulation capabilities that help to solve complex bioavailability, solubility, and permeability challenges.
Novel drug delivery technologies such as OSDRC®OptiDose™, a fully developed technology that is an advancement in controlled release design options and helps to improve therapeutic and drug delivery release profiles beyond the capabilities that can currently be achieved; as well as more conventional drug delivery technologies like RP Scherer Softgel and Zydis® fast dissolve technology will be highlighted in the posters.
Catalent scientific poster presentation schedule is as follows:
- Monday, October 15, Yan Tang and Wei Pan will present “Re-development of an HPLC Method to Address Specificity Issues Attributed to a Dual Active Soluble Film Formulation” from 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm.
- Tuesday, October 16 begins with a presentation by Leon Grother, “Use of Cyclodextrins for Taste Masking Cetirizine HCl 10mg Formulated in the Zydis® Dosage Form” from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm. Other authors include Kiki Hau, Philip Axe, Desmond Wong.
Tuesday, October 16 continues with several posters from 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm:
- Yi Zeng will present “Long Term Physical Stability of Soft Gelatin Capsules and Liquid Filled Hard-Shell Capsules” – The other authors are Stephen Tindal and Irena McGuffy.
- Shawn Fitzgibbons will present “Importance of a well-designed approach for e-tongue analysis” - The other author is Vincy M. Abraham.
- Wednesday, October 17, there will be seven poster presentations from 9:30 am -12:30 pm:
- Irena McGuffy will present “Application of QbD Principles in Softgel Process Development” - The other authors are Gabriel Salmon and Stephen Tindal.
- Stephen Tindal will present “Stability of Lab Scale Softgel Capsules Stored for 6 Months at 40°C / 75% RH in HDPE Bottles”
- Michael DeHart will present, “Development Capabilities for a Tablet in Tablet Dosage Form using OptiDose™ Technology” – Other authors include Mark Bicknell, Danny Schave, Harry Cocolas and Uwe Hanenberg.
- Michael DeHart will present “Effects of Polymers on the Pulsatile Delivery of Ibuprofen Using OptiDose™ Technology” – Other authors include Mark Bicknell, Uwe Hanenberg, Danny Schave, and Harry Cocolas.
- Rickey Shelley will present, “Manufacture of Softgels Containing Either Propylene Glycol, Octanoic Acid, or a 50/50 Blend of the two Excipients Using a Non-plasticized Gel Formula” – The other author is J. J. Patnella.
- Norman Stroud will present “Gelatin-free Softgels: Compatibility Studies of Solvents and other Excipients Commonly used in Capsule Fill Formulations” – Other authors include, Keith Tanner, Elizabeth Youngblood and Didier Kiyali.
- David Fulper will present “Effect of Humidity and Water Content on Water Vapor Transmission Through Gelatin Films”
To schedule an interview with any of the above-mentioned presenters during AAPS or after, please contact Patricia McGee at firstname.lastname@example.org . To receive a copy of any presentation after the event, contact Holly Rackett at email@example.com .
For more information on Catalent at AAPS, visit www.catalent.com/AAPS-Annual-Meeting-2012 .
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the global leader in development solutions and advanced drug delivery technologies, providing world-wide clinical and commercial supply capabilities for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 75 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable product supply. Catalent employs approximately 9,000 people, including over 1,000 scientists, at nearly 30 facilities across 5 continents and generates more than $1.6 billion in annual revenue. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J.