ENABLING IV TO ORAL CONVERSION OF MACROMOLECULES
Catalent OptiGel® Bio technology incorporates a proprietary technology that may overcome the traditional hurdles by enhancing permeability and enabling a targeted delivery through enteric coating. Catalent’s development expertise can rapidly identify an optimal Oral formulation enabling the traditional benefits of an oral softgel formulation and subsequent commercialization.
OPTIGEL® BIO BENEFITS
- Improves permeability of high molecular weight, rigid molecules.
- Prevents gastric degradation to ensure active API is maintained.
- Targeted delivery through enteric coating.
- Enables the conversion of IV therapy to a more convenient, easier to administer dose form.
- Flexibility in dosing to achieve desired therapeutic profile.
VALUABLE PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION
- Proprietary technology and process.
- Improved patient adherence – fewer physician visits, less painful administration.
- Customization of therapeutic profiles.
- Pre-formulation and feasibility studies.
- Permeability screening of macromolecules.
- Softgel capsule fill formulation development.
- Small-scale lab encapsulation for early stability data and final formulation selection.
- Capsule shell development.
- Strong IP (intellectual property) positions including fill formulations for improved bioavailability.
- Extensive technical support in softgel capsule product development.
- Reliable supply from clinical phases to commercial manufacturing.
- Contingency planning and quality assurance via our large global network.