Somerset, N.J. – October 1, 2015 — Catalent Pharma Solutions (Stand 3G10), the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products, today announced a full agenda for the upcoming CPhI Worldwide Conference and Exhibition to be held at the Feria de Madrid, Spain, from October 12th to 15th.
At the conference, Catalent is launching its new OptiForm® Solution Suite platform, designed to match the best, most innovative, drug delivery technologies to each developmental molecule with the goal of providing optimal candidate formulations for animal PK studies in twelve weeks. Combining four technologies, including advanced parallel screening, OptiForm Solution Suite aims to enhance drug bioavailability and to accelerate more molecules to the clinic and beyond.
Catalent will also be showcasing a number of its advanced development and manufacturing technologies during the show, highlighting its tech transfer capabilities and flexible manufacturing solutions, including custom manufacturing suites, and the ability to handle cytotoxic and highly potent APIs. The company will detail how it has successfully combined these facilities and expertise to launch 175 new products to the market in 2014.
At the Pre-Connect Conference, on Monday October 12th, a number of Catalent experts will be chairing sessions and presenting including:
- Track One Module A: Drug Delivery & Design
- 9.30-9.45 a.m. “Drug Design: Incorporating Patient and Market Needs from the Start of the Development Process,” Sharon Johnson, Senior Vice President, Product Development and Regulatory Affairs
- 9.45-10.05 a.m. “A Structured Approach to Accelerating Drug Development enabled by innovative delivery technologies,” P.Y. Chen, Director, Early Development
- 10.25-10.50 a.m. “How Preformulation and Formulation Development can Optimise API Properties for Better Drug Design,” Dr. Elanor Pinto, Technical Project Manager, co-presenting with Dr. Ali Rajabi-Siahboomi, VP & Chief Scientific Officer, Colorcon Inc.
- Track One Module B: Biologics, Biosimilars & Biobetters
- 12.10-12.30 p.m. “Case Study: Bringing Biosimilars to Market Faster with Innovative Technologies, Development Models and Successful Collaborations,” Dr. Christelle Dagoneau, Business Development Director, Biologics, co-presenting with Roman Ivanov, Vice President Research & Development, Biocad
- Senior Leadership Theatre
- 5.05-6.05 p.m. “From Pipeline to Patient: Leadership Perspectives on Market Development and Commercialisation,” Sharon Johnson, Senior Vice President, Quality, Product Development and Regulatory Affairs
During the exhibition, two Catalent executives will be speaking as part of the Exhibitor Showcase schedule:
- 13th October, 2.30 p.m.: Michael Valazza, Vice President, Global Business Development, Advanced Delivery Technologies. His presentation will cover “Flexible Manufacturing Solutions: From Special Handling to Custom Suites;”
- 14th October, 11.30 a.m.: Bill Hartzel, Director, Strategic Execution, Advanced Delivery Technologies will discuss "Mitigating the Risk of Aseptic Filling with an Automated Advanced Aseptic Process for Glass-Free Injectable Vials."
Catalent is also participating in two Pharma Insight Briefings during the show on Tuesday, October 13th:
- 12.00 p.m.: Dan Peizer, Director of Global Sales and Marketing, Animal Health, will present “Latest Trends in Animal Health, Using Advanced Human Technologies to Deliver Breakthrough Improvements in Product Delivery;”
- 1.00 p.m.: Claudia Valla, Product Development Adviser, will discuss “Softgel as an Innovative, Flexible Delivery Form with More Consumer Preferred Benefits.”
Catalent has also been shortlisted in the CPhI Awards for the “Process and Formulation Development” category for its OptiShell™ gelatin-free softgel capsules, as well as in the “Packaging” category for its innovative, glass-free ADVASEPT® Lock advanced aseptic technology.
For further information or to arrange a meeting with a member of the executive team at the show, please contact Richard Kerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Catalent is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent employs approximately 8,700 people, including over 1,000 scientists, at 31 facilities across 5 continents, and in fiscal 2015 generated more than $1.8 billion in annual revenue. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J. For more information, visit www.catalent.com