FlexDoseSM Services – Stick Pack Development And Supply
A COMPREHENSIVE SOLUTION TO BRING YOUR STICK PACK PRODUCT TO MARKET
Stick packs are the ideal packaging solution for a wide range of powder, granule, liquid and gel formulations*. They provide a convenient, portable unit-dose solution for prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, as well as nutritional supplements. Stick pack formulations also offer an innovative, hygienic way to extend tablet and capsule product lines.
With a decade of experience in developing, manufacturing and packaging stick pack products, Catalent is your ideal full-service partner for your product’s success at every stage – from preformulation to development to packaged dosage form.
- Flexibility – FlexDose solutions has an extensive range of different stick pack dimensions and formulation options to support your own custom design.
- Improved Patient Experience – FlexDose solutions can offer a unique, patient centric solution with innovative packaging and a comprehensive range of formulation, including modified and extended release.
- Convenient – compact, easy to carry and easy to swallow
- Versatile – options for formulating high doses of actives, including different API combinations, modified release mechanisms, taste-masking technologies and mouth-feel improvements
- Compliance – a great unit dose solution for powders, granules, and other formulations
- Uniform dosing – a measured unit dose in every stick pack
- Child-resistant – stick pack formats can be offered with a child-resistant feature
- Customizable – stick packs can be designed to suit your specific requirements, promote your branding and enhance shelf appeal
- Paper layered foil
- Aluminum foils
- PE foils
- Desiccant foils
- Needled Foils
- Laser perforated foils
- Special layered foils
- Dosing of powders and granules
- Chamber dosing
- Auger dosing
- Special dosing solutions
- Liquid dosing*
- Dosing solutions for multiparticulates (e.g. mini tablets, pellets etc.)
- Fancy cut
- Child resistant/senior friendly via laser perforation
- Individual opening feature solutions
FlexDose℠ Solutions has enabled Catalent to develop and produce a stick pack formulation that addresses the disadvantages of the chewable tablet and adds additional benefits:
- No chewing necessary
- Several ways of delivery possible; liquid or soft/solid foods
- Compact, easy to carry
- Hygienic single dose unit
Fosrenol® stick packs are successfully launched globally.
Catalent’s experienced oral technologies team offers a comprehensive range of services and dedicated support throughout the entire product life cycle – from preformulation through development, manufacturing and packaging.
- Formulation Development
- Development of Stick Pack Formulations (e.g. IR and CR Stick Pack Formulations for granules, mini tablets, pellets etc.)
- Taste Masking
- Line Extensions and Lifecycle Management
- Packaging Development
- Primary and secondary packaging solutions
- Packaging process optimization
- Dedicated stick pack development lines
- Packaging under reduced humidity (20/20)
- Clinical Services (blinding, packaging, labeling, distribution)
- Analytical Services
Our three oral stick pack facilities have strong track records for both quality and regulatory compliance.
*Stirring and filling only, liquids must be preserved.