Somerset, N.J. – September 27, 2016 — Catalent Pharma Solutions (Booth 3J16), the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products, today announced a full agenda for the upcoming CPhI Worldwide Conference and Exhibition, to be held at the Fira de Barcelona, Gran Via, Barcelona, Spain, during Oct. 3 – 6, 2016.
At the conference, Catalent will showcase several of its advanced development and drug delivery solutions, including its award-winning OptiForm ® Solution Suite platform, which combines both predictive and high-throughput screening technologies to identify the most stable and efficient drug form for small molecules, and applies rigorous scientific principles and known industry models to evaluate, in parallel, multiple delivery options for these molecules. Earlier this year, Catalent extended the scope of the solution to include macromolecules with its OptiForm ® Solution Suite Bio platform, incorporating two formulation technologies that address oral delivery challenges for macromolecules. Using the OptiForm ® Solution Suite and OptiForm ® Solution Suite Bio platforms, preclinical pharmacokinetic study material for small molecules can be presented within twelve weeks, and in vivo study material for macromolecules can be available within three weeks
The combined OptiForm ® Solution Suite and OptiForm ® Solution Suite Bio platforms have been shortlisted in the CPhI Pharma Awards for the “Contract Services and Outsourcing” category, with the winners announced at a Gala Dinner on Tuesday, Oct. 4.
Catalent executives will be available throughout the show to discuss the company’s full range of capabilities, including its new spray drying technology, added as a result of Catalent’s acquisition of Pharmatek Laboratories announced earlier in September 2016, and its FastChain™ service, for greater speed, flexibility and efficiency in the management of global clinical supplies.
On Monday, Oct. 3, at the Pre-Connect Conference in Conference Centre 1, Catalent experts will be contributing to the following sessions within the Biologics track:
- 5–5:45 p.m.: Dr. David Rabuka, Global Head of R&D, Chemical Biology, will participate in the panel discussion “Tomorrow’s Opportunity: Antibody-Drug Conjugates and Personalized Medicines;”
- 5:45–6:30 p.m.: Steven Hager, Senior Account Director, will present “ Navigating Complex Biologics and Biosimilars Development to Clinic Faster.”
During the exhibition, two Catalent executives will be speaking as part of the Exhibitor Showcase schedule:
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 2 p.m.: Alessandro Maselli, Senior VP of Global Operations, will discuss “ New Approaches to Customized Manufacturing Solutions that Provide Flexibility, Scalability and Efficiency for Pre/Post Market Success ;”
- Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 12:30 p.m. “ Demand Led Supply – Driving a Faster, More Efficient Clinical Supply Chain ,” will be presented by Bernie Clark, Global Director of Strategic Marketing, Clinical Supply.
Catalent is also participating in three Pharma Insight Briefings during the show:
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 4:30 p.m.: Claudia Valla, Product Development Adviser, will discuss “New Natural Plant-Based Technology for Supplements;”
- Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 12:30 p.m.: Mike Riley, Vice President and General Manager of Catalent Biologics, will present “Navigating Complex Biosimilars and NBE Development with Implications of Technology Integration to Bring Pipelines to Market Faster;”
- Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 3:30 p.m.: Julien Meissonnier, Vice President of Science and Technology will discuss “New Approaches and Technologies for Accelerating Drug Development.”
For further information or to arrange a meeting with a member of the executive team at the show, please contact Richard Kerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Catalent is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent employs approximately 9,200 people, including over 1,400 scientists, at more than 30 facilities across five continents, and in fiscal 2016 generated $1.85 billion in annual revenue. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey. For more information, visit www.catalent.com