New Developments in Oral Delivery of Biologics and Vaccines, Animal Health, Glass Free Sterile Delivery and Patient Centric Design Covered
Somerset, N.J. – July 9, 2014 — Catalent Pharma Solutions, the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products, will have a team of experts presenting and speaking on a range of industry topics at this year’s Controlled Release Society (CRS) Annual Meeting, being held from July 13–16, at the Hilton Chicago Hotel, Chicago, Illinois.
Reflecting the company’s market leading position in this area, nine Catalent experts are to speak at the conference. An overview of their activities is outlined below:
- Kurt Nielsen, PhD, Chief Technology Officer, Senior Vice President of R&D and Chairman of the Catalent Applied Drug Delivery Institute, will discuss “Lipid Based Drug Delivery Systems for the Non Invasive Delivery of Macromolecules” at the Oral Delivery and Peptides and Proteins Pre-Meeting Workshop
- Rosaleen McLaughlin, PhD, Director of Scientific Affairs, Zydis, will present discuss "Recent Innovations in Oral Vaccine Delivery", as part of a mini-symposium entitled “Advances in the Development and Delivery of Biologics” , a session which will be co-moderated by Catalent Institute, Executive Director, Terry Robinson.
- On Innovation Sunday , Cornell Stamoran, PhD, VP Strategy, will take part in an industry roundtable discussing "Patient Adherence and the Future of Innovative Drug Delivery"
- Also on Innovation Sunday , Mike Valazza, RPh, Vice President, Advanced Delivery Technologies, will co-chair and moderate a series of Soapbox Sessions, giving individuals and companies the opportunity to present new ideas, products, and services. He will also present the CRS Young Investigator Award to this year’s winner
- In one such Soapbox Session, on Animal Health, Dan Peizer, Director of Global Sales and Marketing, Animal Health, will present “Overcoming the Compliance Challenge: Formulation Technology to Improve Acceptance and Adherence”
- At the Leading BFS Technology Forum Discussion, Bill Hartzel, Director of Strategic Execution, Advanced Delivery Technologies, will present “Sterile by Design”
- Christin Hollis, PhD, Development Scientist, and Leon Grother, Principle Scientist, R&D, will also present posters focusing on drug delivery and controlled release technologies.
Further information about the show can be found at http://www.controlledreleasesociety.org
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent employs approximately 8,500 people, including over 1,000 scientists, at nearly 30 facilities across 5 continents and in Fiscal 2013 generated more than $1.8 billion in annual revenue. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J. For more information, visit www.catalent.com .