Catalent’s facility in Bloomington provides a fully integrated and unique model for process development, clinical and commercial mammalian cell culture manufacturing, formulation, parenteral drug manufacturing and packaging under one roof. The award-winning facility provides clinical and commercial bulk drug substance and drug product manufacturing, including liquid and lyophilized vials, and prefilled syringes, along with an array of support services.
Catalent Biologics’ Bloomington facility won the 2017 Facility of the Year Award, which is sponsored by the International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers (ISPE), INTERPHEX, and Pharmaceutical Processing magazine. The Bloomington site was selected as the category winner for Equipment Innovation highlighting its Flexible Filling Line. Seeing a shift in the industry to extend the ready-to-use vials platform and utilize new capabilities for filling flexibility, Catalent Biologics combined activities of what would traditionally be three filling lines into one line under barrier isolation in a single filling suite.
Catalent Biologics Bloomington also won the 2007 Facility of the Year Award due to its “Project Phoenix” operation—a $70 million transformation of a vacant, multilevel color television assembly plant in Bloomington, Indiana into a biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing facility.
Size: 875,000 ft2
If you plan to visit our location soon, please download the Visitor Welcome Guide for more information.
1300 S. Patterson Dr.
Bloomington, IN 47403
+1 812 355-6746
- Process development
- CGMP mammalian cell culture production (clinical and commercial)
- Analytical method development
- Analytical program design
- Formulation development
- Lyophilization cycle development
- Stability studies
- Complex formulations and aseptic processing
- Clinical parenteral manufacturing (clinical and commercial)
- Aseptic vial filling
- Aseptic syringe filling
- Aseptic cartridge filling
- Packaging (clinical and commercial)
- Safety device and auto-injector assembly
- Flexible Filling Line able to fill vials, syringes, or cartridges
- Filling under barrier isolators
Bloomington, IN Location
Reach out to one of our experts to discuss any of our offerings or a specific solution for your project challenges.